Thursday, April 21, 2011

Woes

Some people who come to the pharmacy make me want to tear my hair out. This may seem like a common issue but let me explain what happened last night...
This woman had been speaking to our pharmacists all week about getting her meds blister packed. Not a huge concern, we just have to work it out. 
Well. She was in the store for THREE HOURS. She was talking to the only pharmacist for almost the entire time. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off doing as much work in the back as I can that didn't require a pharmacist. Then I had a gentleman come in picking up a cream that he'd never had before that had some special ingredients. I know nothing about it so I tell him he can wait if he'd like to speak to the pharmacist. He stood there for nearly ten minutes while my poor pharmacist talked to this woman. He eventually left and I apologised. Fortunately he understood.
When my pharmacist finally finally finally got this woman to agree on something, he wants her to pay. She then hands him a debit card but apparently doesn't know how to use it and doesn't remember giving it to him (30 seconds prior). So he then asks her how she wants to pay and she tells him "I don't know." Cash, cheque, another card? "No, no I want to know how much I spend I can't use those." Ohhhhkay... The woman then says she'll be back (I think she normally walks out without paying because she's afraid of admitting that she doesn't know what to do) and she certainly does come back... Ten times. Uggggggggh. I've started to work on her grid for her blister pack that ends up being cancelled half an hour before we close. I wanted to strangle her. She has no idea what she wants, she doesn't know how to pay and she claims she wants to continue administering most of her meds on her own... So the point of the blister pack was what?
Another woman called us in the middle of this asking about her prescription in the drawer to be picked up. It's a controlled narcotic which she normally gets in a different town but was with us for some strange reason this week. Well, she wants me to blister pack it for her, because she's supposed to take 9 a day (3 three times daily) but sometimes she "forgets and takes fewer." Yeah. Sure you take FEWER of your high strength narcotic than you're supposed to because "sometimes I don't need them so I don't take as many as I'm supposed to." This is fishy and I have less than an hour left at work and a counter full of baskets to be filled. So I tell her that if she's not staying with us there's no chance we will make it for her. She also was owed some pills because we didn't have enough last night. So I would not be making a blister pack for her, I would be making a comittment for the daytime staff to do something within the first half hour of opening. No freaking way am I doing that, they'd have my head on a platter! I told her it wasn't happening. She tried to pull the sympathy card, that her other drugstore does it and she has an appointment, blah blah blah. Call me insensitive, but I don't care in the slightest. The amount of work we would put in for her ONE TIME is not worth it because she'll be going back to her other drugstore as of the next day.
In other news, classes are done and I'm studying for finals. I really can't wait until they're over, because when they are, I get to leave for Germany for a month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment